Acro Media is looking for a React Developer to help build out solutions to drive our dynamic & interactive client Web sites.
That’s done. Now here’s what we really want. Some cool individual who loves but is not owned by the code. Someone who can drop lines of code like it’s their native tongue but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid back bunch, but driven to do good for our customers. We’re looking for low egos, and high skills. We don’t expect you to have 10 years experience, we expect you to have clean coding ability, and the willingness to take on new challenges.
If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass eCom sites, apps, games, corporate gems, and some Acro driven ventures, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Adhering to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
- Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Communicating well with account managers, supervisors, and clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
- Acting as both a peer / mentor to other developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
- Implementing updates & revisions to web applications
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience building React applications that:
- Work with an API to serve dynamic content from an outside source.
- Will interact with headless Drupal setups through specifications like JSON:API.
- We work extensively with Drupal which is a PHP based content management framework, and while Drupal experience is a plus, it’s not a requirement.
- Experience working with design systems or style guides provided by a creative or UX team.
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- If you know other programming languages or frameworks, don’t forget to mention them, any technical knowledge is relevant.
- Comfortable with the command line, such as running scripts or managing files
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so hopefully you have some code you can show us.
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
When you submit your resume, please submit some samples of work you’ve done, the first step of our hiring process is always to get some code samples so might as well speed the whole process along.