If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, in a great location, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—your are on the right page.
Here’s the corporate dribble HR made us put at the top of this ad listing: Acro Media is looking for a Junior IT Specialist to help support our systems and team.
Now that’s done, here’s what we really want - someone who can work with a wide range of hardware, software and networking setups. Someone who can troubleshoot and problem solve issues they may not have encountered before. Someone who can stand to explain to someone they just need to reboot, AGAIN.
We consider ourselves a laid back bunch, but driven to do good for our customers. We’re looking for low egos, and high skills. We don’t expect you to have 10 years experience, we expect you to have solid follow through, and the willingness to learn.
We aren’t looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you “the IT department”. If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where your co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to fix, assist, support and problem solve.
Below is some important stuff. These are some of the things you’d be doing and the skills you possess. If you’re not an exact match, but what you see throughout entices you - do apply! You never know...
What we are looking for
A step back…perhaps you want to know a bit about the company you’re applying for eh? (...yes, we’re true Canadians). Acro Media specializes in Drupal solutions for limitless ecommerce and unrestricted development. We work with companies that have specific problems that they can’t solve with standard “off-the-shelf” solutions. We provide custom development that allows our clients to adapt at the pace of their needs and become leaders in their market. We provide everything they need to plan, integrate and launch a successful online strategy.
As the successful candidate, here’s some things you’ll be responsible for:
- Adhering to Acro Media standards and following Acro Media process
- Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger initiatives with shifting priorities.
- Providing technical support to staff for hardware and software issues. This will include both in-office and remote staff.
- Acting as both a peer / mentor to other employees as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
- Setup and provisioning of employee workstations and individual hardware such as laptops.
- Implementing software, firmware and hardware updates to individual employee hardware and company systems.
- Network administration, from configuration to running physical cables.
- Documenting and tracking inventories, system status and operational checks
The successful applicant will have:
- Ablity to work at the Kelowna office or from home as needed.
- Ability to find and fix problems in software and hardware systems.
- While you don’t have to know or love them all, some experience with Linux, Windows and Mac would be nice.
- A good mix of troubleshooting skills, people skills and general technological know how.
- Things you will work with. Knowing of them is good, experience working with them is better, experience fixing and troubleshooting them is best.
- Switches, routers, WAPs
- Virtualization - ESXi, Virtualbox, QEMU-KVM
- You’re not going to work on the same thing for 8 days or even 8 minutes sometimes.
Patience, calmness, persistence, flexibility (the current guy can almost do the splits).
More skills that would be useful:
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully you have installed Linux on something at least once.
- Ansible, Powershell
- Cisco CUCM/CUC/IMP
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex,Git, GitHub, etc.)
- Writing documentation or video tutorials for less technical users.
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you understand what is actually in the computer and what isn’t.
All careers come with a 30 day no-questions asked money-back-guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).