If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, in a great location, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—your are on the right page.
Acro Media is looking for a Drupal E-commerce website Developer to develop Drupal 8 and Commerce builds. Someone who can code like it’s their native tongue but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client. In order to apply for this position you must be able to live and work, legally in Canada.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our customers. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. You can be young and inexperienced or a savvy veteran, what we’re really looking for is your ability to code, which may be finely honed skill or raw talent at this point.
We aren't looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you “the IT department”. Developers own this joint; we get it. If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass commerce sites, corporate gems, and the occasional game, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- ***Must have Drupal Experience and be able to provide example work***
- Producing high quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media production process
- Implementing updates & revisions to web sites
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Contributing code back to the Drupal community, testing and responding to issues, maintaining modules.
- Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Adhering to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
- Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Communicating well with Account Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
- Acting as both a peer/mentor to other Developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- A good mix of web development skills, you should be able to build out site template and then code all the gears and pulleys behind the scenes as well, we try not to have people who do all HTML/CSS and people who do all backend coding, we like people who can multi-class. You’re not going to work on the same thing for 8 months. If you only have experience on embedded systems or just design sexy layouts, maybe try to brush up on your weaker areas, we are open minded though so don’t let this scare you away.
- Our designers use Photoshop, so when you’re building out the templates, it’s good to know how to navigate around this application. Basic knowledge of how layers work, and the use of some the more important tools that are required for taking apart the design and deriving all the images for web-use is a plus.
- We're open to good programmers who know other languages and technologies and are will to learn, but below is a list of a bunch of stuff we normally work with:
- Has Drupal work to send us
- Bonus: C++/Objective C/C#/C
- If you know other languages don’t forget to mention them, if you are a badass Lisp hacker type, mention that.
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully, you have installed Linux on something at least once, even if it was just your Xbox, phone...or vacuum etc. (For real, though, you can get Linux installed on a Roomba)
- Some understanding of Linux hosting if at all possible. Have you configured your own server? Did you setup a web server for your house or friends, even if no one else really cared?
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so you’ll have to have some work you can show us.
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Location: Acro Media Inc, #103 2303 Leckie Road, V1X 6Y5, Kelowna
Benefits: Provincial Medical Coverage - BC Medical Services Plan premiums are covered at 100%. Extended benefits offered after day one.
Working Conditions: Office environment
Period of employment: Permanent